A Montgomery County man is in the hospital with severe injuries after an explosion at his home Tuesday night.
According to the Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office, the explosion occurred just before 9:30 pm. Deputies say that when they arrived, they found a man with second and third degree burns on his body. They found wires and large batteries inside the home and called their bomb squad.
However, after further investigation and interviews, it appears to deputies that the man believed he was trying to “decontaminate himself of bugs” and proceeded to spray brake fluid all over himself. Then, he began to vacuum himself in an attempt to “remove the bugs.” But during the process, the vacuum cleaner sparked and ignited the man plus his surroundings.
The man is unconscious and remains in critical condition. We will provide further information as we receive it here on AM 1550 and 98.7 FM.