- Seven Days of Early Voting in the NISD School Board Election has begun at the Navasota Center. 7 to 7 today and next Monday, May 1st, and 8 to 5 Tuesday thru Friday this week and Tuesday of next week. Call 873-4424 for more.
- 6 pm: For a theatrical presentation you will never forget, see “Heaven’s Gates and Hell’s Flames,” in Navasota’s Brosig Auditorium, a free presentation of the Grimes County Ministers’ Fellowship.
- 10:30 am: The 3rd Workshop in the Grimes Health Resource Center’s “Eat Healthy and Be Active,” Series takes place in Anderson’s Sunshine Center. For details, call 936-870-2475.
- 6 pm: For a theatrical presentation you will never forget, see the final performance of “Heaven’s Gates and Hell’s Flames,” in Navasota’s Brosig Auditorium, a free presentation of the Grimes County Ministers’ Fellowship.
- 7 pm: The Iola 4-H Club meets at the Iola Community Center.
- 9 am: Grimes County Clerk David Pasket tells Navasota News this County Court Jury Call has been cancelled. If you were summoned for Grimes County Court Jury for 9 Wednesday morning, you may disregard that call.
- 2 pm: The Bedias Women’s Club meets at the Bedias Civic Center. All women in the area are encouraged to attend. Call Sharon Allen at 936-395-2900.
- 5:30 pm: Come Discover “Why CHI” at this month’s Navasota Grimes County Chamber of Commerce After Hours Business Mixer at the CHI St. Joseph Medical Center, 501 East Washington Avenue in Beautiful, Downtown Navasota.
- 7:30 pm: Texas A&M’s Small Ensembles performs its Spring Semester Concert with the University Trombone Choir at Our Savior’s Lutheran Church, 1001 Woodcreek Drive in College Station. It’s free and open to the public.
- 3 to 5 pm: Veterans and others interested in learning farming and ranching are invited to bring their families to Texas AgrAbility’s “Battlegrounds to Breaking Ground” Launch Party at College Station’s Millican Reserve. RSPV at famranch.tamu.edu, or by calling 979-847-6185.
- 7 pm: The Navasota Diamonettes present their Spring Show, “As Seen On TV,” in the High School Gym. Doors open at 6. $10 for Adults/$5 for Students.
- Navasota’s Tractor Supply is looking for homemade and homegrown goods and local nonprofits for it’s Saturday Spring Farmers Market. Register at the store, or online at tsceventpartners.com.
- 8 am – till?: Pilgrim’s Point Missionary Baptist Church is having a delicious Bake Sale in the parking lot of the Navasota WalMart. There’ll be homemade cakes, pies, cupcakes and yummy baked potatoes. All proceeds go to build a new Fellowship Hall. For more, call 936-419-1143.
- 8 am – 5 pm: Veterans and others interested in learning farming and ranching are invited to a free Agriculture Business “Battlegrounds to Breaking Ground” Workshop at College Station’s Millican Reserve. RSVP at farmranch.tamu.edu, or by calling 979-847-6185.
- 10 am – 3 pm: You’re invited to take a walk through the five acres at Grace and Ella Streets on Navasota’s West End to help raise money to begin construction of Grace Park. Vendors are welcome. For details, call 832-434-3221.
Also . . .
- All this month, the Navasota High School Cheer Booster Club’s selling raffle tickets for cash prizes up to $1,000! Tickets are $1 each or 6 for $5 from any Club member. Drawing to be held on campus during lunch on Monday, May 1.
- Who’s your favorite Small Business Owner in the County of Grimes? Nominate them for the Small Business of the Year Award by Friday, May 5th, online at navasotagrimeschamber.com, or by calling the Chamber, 936-825-6600
- UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE: Grimes County Road & Bridge reports CR 215 over Geter Creek, east of CR 211 to just before CR 210, has been closed. As alternate routes, take CR 212 to FM 1486, or CR 214 west to FM 2819.