- ATTENTION NISD PARENTS: End of Course and STARR Tests will be administered Tuesday through Thursday of this week. Make sure your kids get plenty of rest, are well fed, have a positive attitude and arrive early enough that they don’t have to rush.
- 10:30 am: The 2nd Workshop in the Grimes Health Resource Center’s “Eat Healthy and Be Active” Series takes place in the Sunshine Center in Anderson. For details, call 936-870-4575
- 5:15 pm: This week’s Two Rivers History Mixer is all about Oral Storytelling. Come share your favorite memories of Navasota and/or the County of Grimes. Bring photos to share if you have them to the Family Room of Navasota’s 1st Baptist Church. Enter from the Holland Street Doors.
- 10 am: If you are on, or about to be on Medicare, you can get all of your questions answered at the Grimes Health Resource Center’s special Medicare Class at the Navasota Center. For details, call 936-870-4575.
- Noon – 1 pm: Business Owners: Learn different ways to contribute to your employees’ financial well-being at the next Navasota Grimes County Chamber of Commerce Academy at the Navasota Center. Registration includes lunch. To register, call 936-825-6600.
- 1 pm: If you have diabetes or are afraid of becoming diabetic, you can get all your questions answered at the Grimes Health Resource Center’s Diabetes Class at the Northwood Apartments, 516 Laredo Street in Navasota. For details, call 936-870-4575.
- 6:30 pm: Navasota High School Diamonettes Mandatory Tryouts take place in the School Cafeteria. Both student and parent or guardian must be present for student to be eligible for consideration.
- 7:30 pm: “The beginning of change is the moment of Doubt.” Doubt, A Parable starts its two-weekend run at Brenham’s Unity Theatre in the Studio Space. Friday and Saturday curtains at 8; Sunday matinees at 4. Get tickets online at tickets.UnityBrenham.org or by calling 979-830-8358.
- 9 am – 4 pm: Enjoy 3-0n-3 Basketball Action with teams for all ages (12 and above) in the Gymnasium of Navasota’s 1st Baptist Church in a Youth Mission Fundraiser. Register today at fbcnavasota.org/youth.
- 10 am – 10 pm: Be a part of this year’s Grimes County Relay for Life in Brule Stadium. Details at relayforlife.org/grimescotx.
- 5:30 pm: The Grimes County Area Go Texas Committee’s 12th Annual Crawfish Boil takes place at the Grimes County Expo Center (fairgrounds). Enjoy all the crustaceans, sausage, potatoes and corn your digestive system can handle for only $40 a person. Reserved tables for 10 are available for $350. Proceeds benefit Grimes County Youth Scholarships. Call 936-825-3465 for more.
Also . . .
- BUSINESS OWNERS: Connect with the area’s quality job candidates at the Navasota Grimes County Chamber of Commerce Job Fair, from 9 to 1, Thursday, April 6th in the Parish Hall of St. Stanislaus Catholic Church in Anderson. For details, call the Chamber this week, 936-825-6600.
- All next month, the Navasota High School Cheer Booster Club’s selling raffle tickets for cash prizes up to $1,000! Tickets are $1 each or 6 for $5 from any Club member. Drawing to be held on campus during lunch on Monday, May 1.
- It’s Tax Time again, and the United Way of the Brazos Valley reminds you that if you earned $64,000 or less last year, you can file your taxes for free at myfreetaxes.com. For details, call 211, or visit uwbv.org.