- 10 am – 1 pm: Grimes County’s Veterans Services Officer Jay Lafferty will be assisting local Veterans in Navasota in the Conference Room of the County’s Navasota Annex, out by the airport. For more, call 979-873-4490.
- 5 – 7 pm: Navasota’s House of Miracles, 102 S. 10th St, across from Prosperity Bank, is now open Tuesday evenings for those seeking a place to pray.
- 5:15 – 6:45 pm: Bringing historical photos of the County of Grimes to life is the theme of this week’s Two River’s History Mixer, in Lynn’s Rendezvous Room, right across the street from the Navasota Post Office. Bring any you might have to share and tell their story to bring them to life for everyone.
- 6 pm: The Grimes County Fair Association invites everyone to take part in a discussion of Facility Rental and Maintanence Fees charged by the County during the annual Youth Fair during a Public Workshop at the Fairgrounds.
- 9 am: Explore how to make Navasota and Grimes County even better places to life and work and play at the next Coffee with the Chamber at the Java Hot Spot, right across LaSalle from City Hall. And yes, the first one’s free!!
- 2 pm: The Bedias Womens Club next meets in the Bedias Civic Center. All residents in the area are both welcome and encouraged to attend, gender notwithstanding.
- 5 – 6:30 pm: Grab your business cards and network with other local business folks at the next Navasota Grimes County Chamber of Commerce After Hours Business Mixer at the Golden Creek Healthcare and Rehab Center, 2100 Dove Crossing.
- 6 pm: All cancer survivors and their caregivers are invited to celebrate at this year’s Grimes County Relay for Life Survivors Dinner, in Navasota’s First Baptist Church. For details, email email@example.com.
- 8 pm: D’ja ever get the feeling your alcohol was drinking you? Come talk it over with others who feel the same at this week’s meeting of Alcoholics Anonymous in the Community Room of St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, on the corner of Church Street and McAlpine in Navasota.
*** Fourth Friday ***
It’s the Fourth Friday of March!!! Your chance to come visit all the downtown Navasota merchants who’ll be staying open to 9 for your 4th Friday exploration and purchasing pleasure.
- 9 am – 1 pm: The Anderson Food Pantry‘s hosting another Feed Store Farmers Market at 125 College Street in Anderson. Rental Booth are available. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 936-870-6178.
- 11 am & 1 pm: Navasota’s 7-D Ranch is hosting its 2nd annual Easter Eggs-stravaganza, with Hunts for different age groups, a Farm Animal Zone, Pony and Bunny Hay Rides and more! Visit 7-D Ranch on Facebook.
- 10 am & 6 pm: Come experience the Presence of the Lord as the group, Shekinah Glory transcends denominational walls in two services of powerful messages and life-changing ministry in Navasota’s Faith Outreach Christian Center. Call 936-825-2517 for more.
Also . . .
Navasota’s Bee Weaver invites you to explore the Beauty of Bees, Queens, Workers, Drones, Honey, Pollen, Wax and more on a Free Hive Tour. Tours are both interest and weather-dependent, so RSVP at Free Hive Tour on Facebook, today!
This year, let Navasota’s FFA Booster Club help with your Easter Dinner with $20 slabs of BBQ Ribs and $10 BBQ Chickens. Pick’em up the Saturday before Easter at Navasota’s Tractor Supply where you can also pick-up some delicious homemade baked goods to accompany your Easter Feast. Contact any FFA or FFA Booster Club member, or call 979-324-1084.
Veterans: If you still want to be of Service, the U.S. Customs and Border Patrol needs specialists in I.T., Telecommunications, Mission Support, Management and Program and Sector Enforcement. For details, call Grimes County Veterans Services Officer Jay Lafferty at 936-873-4490.
There’s now help in Navasota for those feeling like releasing their Inner Artist. The Gallery Downtown‘s now offering Painting Classes every Saturday at Noon. For details, call 936-727-2600.
And the Navasota ISD now offers Platinum Passes admitting resident Senior Citizens (65+) into ALL school sporting events, plays, concerts, shows and exhibits FOR FREE! Drop by the High School or NISD Administrative Office between 8 to 3 any weekday to get yours!