- 10 am: The County of Grimes wants to know what you think of next year’s proposed County Budget at a public hearing in the Anderson Community Center (formerly known as the American Legion Hall) at 102 Hill Street in Anderson.
- 8:30 pm: Navasota ISD’s district-wide Convocation takes place in Brosig Auditorium. Dress includes your campus shirt if you have one and jeans will be fine. Please arrange to meet on your campus and carpool to Brosig beforehand to help with parking.
- 8:30 am : If you handle food at all in your job, you need to take a special 2-hour course, Food Safety: It’s in Your Hands in the County’s Navasota Annex. For details, call 936-873-3907.
- 5:15 pm: You’re invited to view a screening of a documentary about the Depression that led to World War II at this week’s Two River’s History Mixer in Lynn’s Rendezvous Room, right across the street from the Navasota Post Office.
- 5:30 – 6:30 pm: It’s Meet the Teacher Night for Pre-K and Kindergarten teachers at Navasota’s Brule, Highpoint and Webb Elementary Schools.
- 9 am – 1 pm: Grimes County’s Veterans Service Officer announces he’ll be in Navasota every Wednesday in the Conference Room of the county’s Navasota Annex, out by the Navasota Airport. For details, call 936-873-44-90.
- Noon: You’re invited to the Navasota Grimes County Chamber of Commerce Ribbon Cutting and Grand Opening of the Anderson Meet Market, 5226 Hwy 30 in Carlos.
- 8:30 am: Registration for Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday morning High School Equivalency Classes takes place at the Navasota Center. For details, call 979-703-7740.
- 2 pm: All women in the Northern Grimes area are encouraged to attend the next meeting of the Bedias Women’s Club at the Bedias Civic Center. For details, call Shzron Allen at 936-395-2900.
- 5:30 pm: Navasota High School Freshman Orientation takes place in the school cafeteria. Schedule pick-up and Meet the Navasota High School Teachers is from 6:00 to 7:30. Parking Permits are $10. Bring Driver License and Ins.
- 6 – 7:30 pm: Navasota Junior High Meet the Teacher Night.
- 7:30 pm: An information for parents of all Navasota Junior High Athletic Girls takes place in the Junior High Practice Gym.
- 6 – 8 pm: Navasota’s Brule, Highpoint and Webb Elementary Schools hold their Meet the Teachers Night.
- 6 pm: The Brazos Valley Museum of Natural History debuts its exclusive exhibition, Horse Power: The Story of Horse-Drawn Vehicles with a free reception featuring wine, appetizers, live music and gallery viewing.
- Noon – 3 pm: Navasota’s Christ Our Light Catholic Church hosts Scott and White’s Blood Drive. Everyone who give a pine will also get a pint voucher for Blue Bell Ice Cream, a free cooling neck towel, and a chance for a one-night stay at San Saba’s Beautiful Stone Oak Cottage. To schedule an appointment, or for more information, call 979-229-6109.
Also . . .
Attention Teachers: Check out Washington on the Brazos State Historic Site FREE this month and discover how the Birthplace of Texas can be used for your kids this fall. Bring your school ID or business card. Visit wheretexasbecametexas.org, or call 936-878-2214.
The Brazos Valley Museum of Natural History is among more than 2,000 museums nationwide honoring all active-duty military personnel & their families with free admission through Labor Day. Visit brazosvalleymuseum.org, or call 979-766-2195.
AND, it’s time to start making plans for the 12th annual Bob Whitten Memorial Golf Tourney, with tons of fun, Friday, October 13th, out at Pecan Lakes. Call the Chamber for details, 936-825-6600.