- 6:45 pm: Only a half-dozen lucky local women will get the opportunity to be directed by Earlene Rainey in the Navasota Theatre Alliance’s next production, “Steel Magnolias.” Come see if you can be one of them at auditions tonight and Tuesday at the Sunny Furman Theatre.
- 5:15 pm: This week’s Two River’s History Mixer moves to the Family Life room of Navasota’s 1st Baptist Church, where the church’s 150 year history will be detailed by beloved Navasotan Baptists Hollis and Willene Hood. Enter by the North Holland Street entrance.
- 9 am: Whether you are one of the many new members of the Navasota Grimes County Chamber of Commerce or not, come meet and mingle with them at the Navasota McDonalds. And if you’re one of them, the Chamber will even buy your breakfast. RSVP to 936-825-6600.
- 10 am & 2 pm: Brenham’s Unity Theatre begins eight performances of the summertime musical “Sleeping Beauty.” Additional shows at 10 am and 2 pm Friday and 1 and 4 Saturday and Sunday afternoon. Call the box office for tickets, 979-830-83-58.
- 3 pm: Budding guitarists of all ages are invited to BYOG to Navasota’s Classic Rock Coffee Company for free ongoing, guitar lessons from local musician extraordinaire Tubie Pushee.
Also . . .
The Brazos Valley Museum of Natural History is among more than 2,000 museums nationwide honoring all active-duty military personnel and their families with free admission through Labor Day. Visit brazosvalleymuseum.org, or call 979-766-2195
Finally, Grimes County 4-H Awards Nominations are still being accepted for this year’s Awards Banquet coming up August 6th. Download your Awards Packets today at grimes.tamu.edu.