- 7 pm: Despite Candidate Jill Wolfskill backing out, tonight’s House District 13 Candidate Debate will go on. Candidate Ben Leman says it’s due to her connection to the High Speed Rail project and promises to explain it all to WTAW Morning Show “Infomaniac” Scott DeLucia in Navasota at Miller’s Theatre. Sponsored by Grimes County Republican Women.
- 5 – 7 pm: Navasota’s House of Miracles, 102 S. 10th St, across from Prosperity Bank, is now open Tuesday evenings for those seeking a place to pray.
- 5:15 – 6:45 pm: Find out another fascinating story about the fascinating history of the County of Grimes at this week’s Two River’s History Mixer in Lynn’s Rendezvous Room, across the street from the Navasota Post Office.
- 6 pm: Interested in the Alamo? See The Alamo Roadshow, coming to the George Bush Presidential Library and Museum, 1000 George Bush Drive in College Station. Visit thealamo.org/remember.
- 11 am – 1 pm: The Navasota Grimes County Chamber of Commerce presents its Chamber Academy, “The Ins and Outs of Promoting Your Business on Facebook” at the Navasota Center. Visit navasotagrimeschamber.com.
- 2 pm: The Huntsville Master Gardeners will present Spring Gardening Tips at the next meeting of the Bedias Women’s Club in the Bedias Civic Center. It’s free, and all area women are encouraged to take part.
- 5:30 -7 pm: Navasota’s 7-D Ranch hosts this month’s Navasota Grimes County Chamber of Commerce After Hours Business Mixer. For details and directions, call the Chamber at 936-825-6600.
- 6 pm: Help the National Wild Turkey Federation preserve our Wild Turkey population at the inaugural Grimes County Hunting Heritage Banquet in the White Hall Community Center, 14536 FM 362 in Navasota. Visit nftf.org/events.
- 7 pm: Tonight’s the ONLY Thursday performance of The Navasota Theatre Alliance’s production “The Psychic” at Navasota’s Sunny Furman Theatre. It’s also the LAST WEEKEND. Gets your tickets while they’re still available at navasotatheatre.org
- 8 pm: D’ja ever get the feeling your alcohol was drinking you? Come talk it over with others who feel the same at this week’s meeting of Alcoholics Anonymous in the Community Room of St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, on the corner of Church Street and McAlpine in Navasota.
- 6 pm: The Navasota Education Foundation John C. Webb Elementary brings “Annie Junior” to Brosig Auditorium in the first of only 3 shows. Tickets $5 for adults; $3 for kids at the auditorium two hours before each show.
- 7:30 pm: Hear Alabama Country Music Singer/Songwriter Neil Dover in Concert at the Navasota VFW Post 4006. Your $5 cover charge supports the VFW in assisting local Veterans in need.
- 7 am – 2 pm: Gather all your aerosols, cleaning agents, paints and thinners, TVs computers, florescent bulbs and other hazardous waste together and bring ’em to the Twin Oaks Household Hazardous Waste Collection. Details at twinoakshhw.com.
- 10 am: The White Hall Community Center invites you to its 3rd annual Birthday Bash and Car Show at 14536 FM 362 in Navasota. $10 Barbecue Chicken dinners served at Noon, live music all day long and a Bucket Raffle with great prizes. Call 281-914-7860.
- 3 pm: The Navasota Education Foundation John C. Webb Elementary brings “Annie Junior” to Brosig Auditorium in the second of 3 shows. Tickets $5 for adults; $3 for kids at the auditorium two hours before each show.
- 6 pm: The Navasota Education Foundation John C. Webb Elementary brings “Annie Junior” to Brosig Auditorium in the last of -3 shows. Tickets $5 for adults; $3 for kids at the auditorium two hours before each show.
Also . . .
There’s just a few chances left to treat your 6th – 12th grader to this year’s Navasota Theatre Alliance Summer Teen Camp, which’ll produce Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs in July. Register online today at navasotatheatre.org/youthcamps.
Help Navasota High School graduates on their next Big Step to college, the military or vocational school by donating gift, gas or grocery cards or money to purchase gift items and dorm and apartment necessities to be given away at the Big Decision Day Event, April 26th. For details, call Michelle Vacante, 936-825-4247, or email email@example.com.
If you could live a life you’ve always imagined and never dreamed possible, would you? Find out Becky Foster’s answer as you ride shotgun in the dramatic comedy “Becky’s New Car” playing through May 6th in Brenham’s Unity Theatre. Visit tickets.unitybrenham.org
Grimes County’s Veteran Services Officer has new hours: You can now meet with Jay Lafferty from 9 am to 2 pm, Mondays through Thursdays at his office in the Road and Bridge Building at 1010 Hwy 90 South in Anderson. For more, call 836-873-4490, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Veterans: If you still want to be of Service, the U.S. Customs and Border Patrol needs specialists in I.T., Telecommunications, Mission Support, Management and Program and Sector Enforcement. For details, call Grimes County Veterans Services Officer Jay Lafferty at 936-873-4490.
And the Navasota ISD now offers Platinum Passes admitting resident Senior Citizens (65+) into ALL school sporting events, plays, concerts, shows and exhibits FOR FREE! Drop by the High School or NISD Administrative Office between 8 to 3 any weekday to get yours!