- 10 am: Former Bedias Mayor Mackie Bobo-White invites everyone in the Bedias area to Dedication Ceremonies for the new Bedias Helipad at the Bedias Waste Water Site. There’ll be refreshments for everyone afterwards at the Bedias Civic Center.
- 11 am: This year you can help your children and grandchildren understand what the 4th of July is all about. Bring them to a reading of the Declaration of Independence on the front steps of the Grimes County Courthouse in Anderson. For more, call 936-825-0239.
- 5 – 7 pm: Navasota’s House of Miracles, 102 S. 10th St, across from Prosperity Bank, is now open Tuesday evenings for those seeking a place to pray.
- 5:15 – 6:45 pm: Come learn more fascinating facts about Grimes County’s history at this week’s Two River’s History Mixer in Lynn’s Rendezvous Room, right across the street from the Navasota Post Office.
In honor of our Nation’s Birth, offices of both the County of Grimes and City of Navasota will be closed today, July 4th. Both resume regular offices on Thursday.
- 7 – 9 am: Attention Grimes County 1st Responders: The Grimes County VFW Post 4006 would like to thank you for your service at an Appreciation Breakfast at the Post.
- 10 am – 2 pm: The City of Navasota Hosts it’s annual Independence Daze, with a Parade from Prosperity Bank to the Navasota Center at 10, where the Navasota Noon Lions will provide free hot dogs and snow cones, and the City Pool will be open for free. Call Lucero Valenzuela at 936-825-6475.
- 8:35 pm: Hear the Brazos Valley Symphony Orchestra at the College Station Noon Lions free, annual, outdoor “I Love America Celebration” at the George H.W. Bush Presidential Library and Museum, concluding with a dazzling fireworks display overhead.
- 8 pm: D’ja ever get the feeling your alcohol was drinking you? Come talk it over with others who feel the same at this week’s meeting of Alcoholics Anonymous in the Community Room of St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, on the corner of Church Street and McAlpine in Navasota.
- 11:30 am: Join the Navasota Grimes County Chamber of Commerce at a presentation to Anderson Meat Market for being awarded the Chamber Business of the Quarter. 5226 SH 30 in Anderson.
- 5 pm: Navasota’s Faith Outreach Christian Center invites you to this month’s Second Sunday Christian Movie, featuring the film, “Same Kind of Different as Me.” Admission is free. Donations are appreciated and Pastor Sanders says the popcorn’s GREAT. For details, visit Bedias Texas Christian Film Festival on Facebook.
Also . . .
The Navasota City Pool’s Summer Swim Season is here! Open Swims are from 2 – 8 Thursday through Sunday evenings. $3 person aged 3 and older. Season Passes and Swim Lessons are available online at navasotarecdesk.com or at Navasota City Hall.
High Point Elementary School’s Library will be open from 9 to Noon every Tuesday through the end of July (except for July 3rd), with Story Time, Arts and Crafts and refreshments.
The Brazos Valley Museum of Natural History proudly joins more that 2,000 museums across the nation to honor our Active Duty Military Personnel and their families with free admission through September 3rd. Call 979-776-2195, or visit brazosvalleymuseum.org.
The Bedias Library and Museum will conduct a Summer Reading Program from Noon to 5 every Tuesday and Thursday throughout the Summer. For details, call 936-355-0742.
The Navasota ISD Administration and Campus Offices will be open 7:30 to 5 Mondays through Thursdays through August 10th. Offices will be closed every Friday and over the 4th of July Holiday.
Grimes County’s Veteran Services Officer has new hours: You can now meet with Jay Lafferty from 9 am to 2 pm, Mondays through Thursdays at his office in the Road and Bridge Building at 1010 Hwy 90 South in Anderson. For more, call 836-873-4490, or email email@example.com.
Veterans: If you still want to be of Service, the U.S. Customs and Border Patrol needs specialists in I.T., Telecommunications, Mission Support, Management and Program and Sector Enforcement. For details, call Grimes County Veterans Services Officer Jay Lafferty at 936-873-4490.
And the Navasota ISD now offers Platinum Passes admitting resident Senior Citizens (65+) into ALL school sporting events, plays, concerts, shows and exhibits FOR FREE! Drop by the High School or NISD Administrative Office between 8 to 3 any weekday to get yours!