- The Navasota ISD is closed all this week for the Thanksgiving Holiday. Have a safe and restful break. Classes will resume bright and early next Monday morning, November 27th.
- 10 am – 1 pm: Grimes County Veteran Services Officer will be assisting local vets in the Conference Room of the Grimes County Navasota Annex. For details, call 936-873-4490.
- 11 am – 1 pm: The regular luncheon of the Grimes County Republican Women takes place in the Navasota branch of Citizens State Bank, on Highway 90, across from Navasota High School. Lunch will be served for $10.
- 11:30 am – 1 pm: Grimes County Seniors: The Grimes Health Resource Center invites you to the next meeting of The Gold Club at the Navasota Center. For details, call 936-825-7476.
- 5:15 – 6:45 pm: Come share your family Thanksgiving Traditions at this week’s Two River History Mixer in Lynn’s Rendezvous Room, right across the street from the Navasota Post Office.
- Both the County of Grimes and the City of Navasota will be closed Thursday and Friday for Thanksgiving. The city’s Recycling Center on 5th Street will be remain open Saturday from 8 to 5 as usual.
- And, thanks to the good folks up at the MotherShip, Navasota News also gets Thursday and Friday off for Thanksgiving. Keep it right here over the long holiday weekend, for breaking local news and weather alerts on Willy 1550.
- Washington-On-The-Brazos State Historic Site will close Thanksgiving Day, re-opening Friday morning for the rest of the weekend. For details, call 936-878-2214, visit wheretexasbecametexas.org or Washington-On-The-Brazos State Historic Site on Facebook.
- 5:30 – 9 pm: For your shopping pleasure, many Navasota Businesses will keep their doors open late this 1st Fourth Friday of the Month, with fine food, drinks, live entertainment and street performers.
- 10 am – 5 pm: Your Thanksgiving turkey’ll digest better if you spend Saturday Shopping Small at Navasota’s many local merchants, and share your new, favorite places to shop with your friends.
- 10 am – 5 pm: According to Santa’s Elves, their boss’ll be at Navasota’s Paris Pink and Cowboy Blue Baby Boutique, 121 E. Washington Avenue, to receive letters, take free pictures with your kids and hopefully find a Forever Home for a very special guest!
- 4:30 – 7 pm: Bring the kids to board a Replica Stagecoach at the Grimes County Courthouse for a brief ride back to 1850 at the Historic Fanthorp Inn. It’s Twilight-Firelight. $10 suggested donation; $5 for the kids. And dress appropriately as the stagecoach is open air and the temps’ll be in the ’40s!!!
Also . . .
Witness the Holiday Hilarity as the worst kids in the history of the world turn their Sunday School Christmas Pageant upside down and inside out! It’s The Best Christmas Pagent Ever, in five performances only, November 29th – December 3rd at Brenham’s Unity Theatre. For tickets, call 979-830-1460, ext 11, or visit unitybrenham.org.
There’s now help in Navasota for those feeling like releasing their Inner Artist. The Gallery Downtown‘s now offering Painting Classes every Saturday at Noon. For details, call 936-727-2600.
And the Navasota ISD now offers Platinum Passes admitting resident Senior Citizens (65+) into ALL school sporting events, plays, concerts, shows and exhibits FOR FREE! Drop by the High School or NISD Administrative Office between 8 to 3 any weekday to get yours!