- EARLY VOTING for the November 7th Election begins this week. (See Also… below) But before going to the poll, take a few minutes to study the Seven State Propositions you’re being asked to decide upon. We’ve posted them for you here on our website. Just search “Study the Issues.”
- And voters residing in the Navasota ISD are also being asked to consider two additional propositions to fund much-needed facility repair and restoration, and the School Board has scheduled several Town Hall Meetings to answer everyone’s questions:
- 6:30 pm: The next to the last Town Hall’s tonight in the Brule Elementary School Cafeteria. For details, call 936-825-4200.
- 5 pm: Hear the fascinating story of Navasota’s first, 146-year-old brick building. Explore the history of the Goodwin Building at this week’s Two River’s History Mixer in the “Chandolier Event Hall,” 108 W. Washington.
- 9 am – 1 pm: Grimes County’s Veterans Service Officer Jay Lafferty will once again be in the Conference Room of the Grimes County Navasota Annex, out by the airport, to assist local vets with any problems they may be experiencing. Call 936-873-4490 for more.
- The Christian Community Service Center’s Silent Auction ends TODAY at the Navasota Public Library. Last call to check it out and make your bids. All proceeds benefit the Center’s Food Pantry and Clothes Closet.
- This year’s Lanterns and Legends, All Together Now; Who’s Buried Where and Why, begins hour-long treks through Oakland Cemetery tonight thru Saturday Night, with a new, indoor, sit-down Sunday Tour at the Sunny Furman. But space is filling up quickly. Visit navasotatheatre.org.
- 10 am – Noon: If you’ve noticed that the older you get, the more difficult it is to keep from falling, the Grimes Health Resource Center invites you to learn how it’s A Matter of Balance, at the Sunshine Center in Anderson. Call 936-825-7476.
- 1 – 3 pm: Bring the family to Navasota’s Trinity Lutheran Church to Celebrate the 500th Birthday of the Reformation. Find out why the Reformation happened and lots of other fascinating history while having lots of fun, including making crafts and fresh-baked pretzels.
- 5 – 8 pm: Kids of all ages (that means YOU!) are invited to Navasota’s Trunk or Treat Fall Festival, in the parking lot of 1st Baptist Church. Co-sponsored by Navasota 1st Presbyterian, 1st United Methodist, St. Paul’s Episcopal and Union Grove Baptist churches.
- 5 pm: You’re also invited to hear The Brazos Breeze Flute Choir’s Fall Concert in Bryan’s 1st United Methodist Church. Admission is free, but donations are appreciated. For more, call 979-268-1743.
Also . . .
EARLY VOTING for the November 7th Election takes place Monday through Friday this week and next (ending November 3rd). Anyone registered to vote in Grimes County may vote early at any of the following locations:
7 am – 7 pm: either Monday at either the Grimes County Courthouse in Anderson or the Navasota Center, or
8 am -5 pm: Tuesdays through Fridays at either location, or
7 am – 7 pm: Tuesday, October 24th at John C. Webb Elementary School, or
7 am- 7 pm: Thursday, October 26th at Navasota High School, or
7 am – 7 pm: Thursday, November 2nd at High Point Elementary School.
Mark Tuesday, November 14, on your Calendar. That’s when the Navasota ISD Education Foundation Banquet presents comedian Cleto Rodriguez at the Grimes County Expo Center (Fairgrounds). Doors open at 5:30 for the Silent Auction. Dinner will be served at 6:30. Tickets at the NISD Administration Building at 705 E. Washington Ave, Navasota.
There’s now help in Navasota for those feeling like releasing their Inner Artist. The Gallery Downtown‘s now offering Painting Classes every Saturday at Noon. For details, call 936-727-2600.
And the Navasota ISD now offers Platinum Passes admitting resident Senior Citizens (65+) into ALL school sporting events, plays, concerts, shows and exhibits FOR FREE! Drop by the High School or NISD Administrative Office between 8 to 3 any weekday to get yours!