- 10 am – 1 pm: Grimes County’s Veterans Services Officer Jay Lafferty will be assisting Vets in Navasota in the Conference Room of the County’s Navasota Annex, out by the airport. For more, call 979-873-4490.
- 11 am – 1 pm: The Grimes County Republican Women present a Meet & Greet for GOP Candidates for County Judge, Precinct 2 Commissioner and Precinct 3 JP prior to their January Luncheon at the Navasota Branch of Citizens State Bank, 9109 State Highway 90, across from Navasota High School. $10 fee for lunch. To RSVP for lunch, call 936-894-2248.
- 5:15 – 6:45 pm: Come explore Sam Houston’s Tennessee roots with Dr. Robin and Joy Montgomery at this week’s Two River’s History Mixer, in the Community Room of St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, on the corner of Church St and McAlpine in Navasota.
- 5:30 – 6:30 pm: Casa of the Brazos Valley needs more volunteers in the County of Grimes to serve the abused and neglected children here. Learn how you can become one of them. Come Coffee with Casa in Navasota’s Classic Rock Coffee Company.
- 2 pm: The Bedias Womens Club meets at the Bedias Civic Center. All women in the area are invited and encouraged to take part. To find out what you’ve been missing, visit Bedias Civic Club on Facebook.
- 5:30 – 7:30 pm: Find out the latest plans for the new 249 Corridor from FM 17774 to State Highway 105 in Grimes at a TXDOT Open House in the Navasota Junior High Cafeteria. TXDOT staff will be on hand to answer all of your questions, including methods of submitting your Formal Comments by February 9th deadline.
- 8 pm: D’ja ever get the feeling your alcohol was drinking you? Come talk it over with others who feel the same at this week’s meeting of Alcoholics Anonymous in the Community Room of St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, on the corner of Church Street and McAlpine in Navasota.
- 2 – 5 pm: Northern Grimes GOP icon Bob Goldstein is hosting a Republican Candidate Meet & Greet at his home, 5123 Flying Pig Lane in Bedias, and you’re invited. On GPS, it’s 21086 Bracewell Road. Call 936-395-0383.
Also . . .
Hear author Trevor Loudon detail a rapidly unfolding Marxist takeover of the U.S. Government at the Grimes County GOP’s 13th annual Reagan Dinner, Saturday, Feb. 3rd at the County Expo Center (Fairgrounds). $50 reservations are due by Monday, Jan. 29th. Call 936-894-2249 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
SAVE THE DATE: The Navasota Junior High PTO brings Donkey Basketball to the NJH Gym at 6, Wednesday night, February 7th. Tickets are $6 at the NJH Front Desk or $8 at the Gate. Under 5 get in free.
Elections for Navasota Council Places One, Two & Three take place May 5th. Candidates may sign-up weekdays until Feb. 16th with City Secretary Suzie Homeyer at City Hall. For more, call 936-825-6475 or email email@example.com.
MAKE PLANS TO ATTEND this year’s Navasota Grimes County Chamber Banquet, coming to Navasota’s Camp Allen, 5:30 to 9, Thursday evening, Feb. 22th. This year’s theme will be “Blue Hawaii,” and someone attending will win a trip there for two!!! To RSVP, or for more information, call 936-825-6600.
Veterans: If you still want to be of Service, the U.S. Customs and Border Patrol needs specialists in I.T., Telecommunications, Mission Support, Management and Program and Sector Enforcement. For details, call Grimes County Veterans Services Officer Jay Lafferty at 936-873-4490.
There’s now help in Navasota for those feeling like releasing their Inner Artist. The Gallery Downtown‘s now offering Painting Classes every Saturday at Noon. For details, call 936-727-2600.
And the Navasota ISD now offers Platinum Passes admitting resident Senior Citizens (65+) into ALL school sporting events, plays, concerts, shows and exhibits FOR FREE! Drop by the High School or NISD Administrative Office between 8 to 3 any weekday to get yours!