According to a press release from the City of Navasota regarding the Home For The Holidays event:
All parking spaces on the south side of Washinton Ave. between Lasalle St. to Farquhar St. will be closed starting Friday night until after the parade.
The following streets will be closed starting at 11:00AM on Saturday December 9, 2023, and ending when the Lighted Christmas Tree Ceremony ends around 9:00PM.
- McAlpine Street from LaSalle to Farquhar
- Farquhar Street from McAlpine to Holland Street
PARADE ROUTE (Saturday December 9, 2023: Participants will depart from Brosig Avenue and travel west on Washington Ave at 6pm. The parade will proceed through downtown Navasota to 9th street.
STREET CLOSURES (PARADE) on December 9, 2023:
All traffic along Washington Avenue/Highway 105 West from FM 379 to Brosig Avenue will be closed for East and West bound traffic from approximately 5:45pm until 7pm.
Brosig and Brule streets will be closed for parade lineup at 5pm.
Street closures for the parade will start at 5:45pm and will immediately end following the parade route. The following intersections/streets will be closed during this timeframe.
- Leon Street closed at Washington Ave
- Wood Street closed at Washington Ave
- S Brewer Street closed at Washington Ave
- Church Street closed at Washington Ave
- Nolan Street closed at Washington Ave
- Millican Street closed at Washington Ave
- Intersection of LaSalle Street and Washington Ave
- Farquhar Street closed at Washington Ave
- Railroad Street closed at Washington Ave
- Washington Avenue closed from Brosig Avenue to 9th Street.
- 9th Street closed at Washington Ave
- 10th Street closed at Washington Ave
RE-ROUTED HWY 105 TRAFFIC
The Navasota Police Department will be rerouting Hwy 105 traffic via the truck route on FM 379 during the parade times.