Monday afternoon update:
A Bryan townhome is declared a total loss from a fire Sunday evening.
Deputy fire marshal William Bouse says a hot propane grill near or inside the garage was the ignition source.
Bouse says a firewall saved the adjoining townhome, located on Dogwood Lane, off Carter Creek south of Coulter.
No occupants or firefighters were hurt.
Click below for comments from William Bouse, visiting with WTAW’s Bill Oliver.
A townhome fire in Bryan Sunday evening resulted in no injuries to the occupants or to firefighters.
This was located on Dogwood, off Carter Creek between Coulter and Esther.
Fire Chief Randy McGregor says the call, reported shortly before 6 p.m. was to a car in the garage caught fire.
The fire spread to a second car then to the structure.
McGregor says the fire was nearly under control when it got into the second floor.
The structure contains two townhomes. McGregor says a firewall kept the fire from entering the second unit.
The chief says a neighbor living next door to the townhomes was evacuated as a precaution.
Click below for comments from Randy McGregor, visiting with WTAW’s Bill Oliver.